Do you sometimes get confused about the intricacies of Therapy Accreditation process for CEU’s?
There are many variances of CE requirements depending on your discipline and the state you practice. Please always check back with your state or national association to insure you meet the requirements and don’t get stuck at the final hour when CE’s are due.
Here are some key points to establish a baseline regarding the state and national accreditation process/approvals that you can use as a guide.
Additionally, we are very excited to offer you with many new additional state accreditation approvals and new titles in our library!
Dynamic Learning Online holds the following National & State Accreditation’s (each link will take you to the Dynamic courses approved by that Association):
- AOTA (American Occupational Association)
- CA OT for Advanced Practice Courses as required
- FLA OT State Board
- ASHA (American Speech-Language, Hearing Association)
- BOC (Board of Certification: for Athletic Trainers)
- CGC: Center for Guardianship Certification
- Florida Statewide Guardianship Office
- Texas Guardianship
- Washington Court Guardianship
General Rule of Thumb for OT and SLP CE…
- As a national approved provider to both AOTA and ASHA, those courses that are approved are clearly stated on our courses; these are the images you will see proudly displayed.
General Rule of Thumb for PT CE…
- At this time, there is no national accreditation process for CE provider with regards to PT through APTA (American Physical Therapy Association)
- Therefore, Dynamic applies state by state to submit as indicated based on the specific State Board Rules.
- Licensees are required to obtain CEU in most states biannually, but some states required assistants to submit annually.
Here are some details for Physical Therapy state CE:
Dynamic holds the following Approved Provider status on the following states (all PT courses approved):
- Dynamic Learning Online is approved by New York State Education Department, Office of the Professions as a sponsor of Continuing Education for Physical Therapists & Physical Therapy Assistants
- Dynamic Learning Online is a Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners (TPTA) Accredited Provider. The assignment of Texas PT CCUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by TPTA or TBPTE.
- Dynamic Learning Online is also approved by the State of Illinois Physical Therapy Continuing Education, Sponsor License No: 216.000127.
The following is a list of all States (22) where selected PT courses are submitted & approved:
- Alabama State Board of Physical Therapy
- Arkansas State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners
- California Physical Therapy Association (CPTA)
- Delaware Examining Board of Physical Therapists and Athletic Trainers
- Florida Board of Physical Therapy Practice
- Kansas Physical Therapy Association (KPTA) - these are cross discipline courses, make sure you review the “Accreditation” tab for each course.
- Kentucky Physical Therapy Association – Approval Number CS83-2012-KPTA
- Louisiana Physical Therapy Board
- Maryland State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners
- Minnesota Board of Physical Therapy
- Mississippi State Board of Physical Therapy
- Nevada State Board of Physical Therapy
- New Hampshire APTA
- New Jersey Board of Physical Therapy Examiners
- New Mexico APTA
- Ohio Physical Therapy Association (OPTA)
- Oklahoma Board of Medical Licensure
- Pennsylvania State Board of Physical Therapy
- Tennessee Physical Therapy Association (TPTA)
- Washington DC Board of Physical Therapy
- West Virginia Board of Physical Therapy
- Wisconsin Physical Therapy Association – Ethics Course Approved. Wisconsin is a Not a “Prior Approval” State. Therefore PT’s can take any course in our library.
Some additional PT state specific information…
- State prior approvals for courses are usually for a one year period (calendar or 365 days).
- 26 states require Prior Approval of courses. Please refer to list above and click on your state to review the courses approved in your state.
- 7 states are RECIPROCITY STATES for CEU’s: meaning, if a CE provider’s courses are approved in another state, then those courses are automatically approved in the reciprocity state. Those states include; AZ, GA, MO, NC, ND, OR, RI – Click HERE and choose any course in our PT library.
- 10 states require CE’s on a annual or biannual basis for PT’s, but DO NOT require Dynamic (or any provider) to submit courses for approval…those states include: CT, IA, ID, MT, NE, SC, UT, VA, WA, WY – This means that PT’s may take any course in our library. Click HERE and choose any course in our PT library
- 8 States DO NOT require PT’s to take CEU for renewal of licensure. Those states include: CO, HI, IN, MA, ME, MI, SD, VT
Final Words of Wisdom…
- We are human and do the very best that we can for our clients & students.
- Due to the complexity of the approval process, Due Diligence on approved courses is the responsibility of the Learner to verify at our website www.dynamicgrp.com per course to confirm the states or national accreditation (link will take you directly to section) each course holds, before ordering.
- Dynamic provides easy, accessible information for our learners on our website available by a click of a mouse.
- If you are still not sure, please call our customer service team to seek help, 813.855.2876!
Should you have any comments on this complicated subject, which I consider “managing a moving target” feel free to offer your feedback!
In the meantime, be sure you have all the pieces to make informed decisions regarding your CE’s.
I would love to hear from you!
Until Next Time!
Filed Under: Messages from Melissa
About the Author: